[Asterisk-Users] Failover Registration

Max Clark max at clarksys.com
Fri Dec 2 12:00:21 MST 2005

Hi all,

I would like to have two asterisk servers in a "cluster". From what I
understand using a mysql database I can store all of my peer/user
information in the db and share this between servers. I can then take my
polycom phone and register it to both of the asterisk servers at the
same time - so if one were to go offline traffic would be redirected to
the second.

This works in theory for the end user - but how do I provide redundancy
with my upstream providers? I.e. how do I fail over my registration to
an upstream sip provider?

Thanks in advance,
Max

--