[Asterisk-Users] Re: Meetme option 'b'

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 10:35:10 MST 2005

In article <43907889.60004 at argv.co.uk>, John Daragon <john at argv.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I've been looking for an arbitrary way of discovering when the last
> user has left a Meetme conference...
>
> It occurred to me that I could launch an agi script to keep watch over
> the conference and do something when the user count reaches zero... And
> of course, I can do that directly from the dialplan.
>
> But I was looking at app_meetme, and the docs say:
>

>      *  'b' — run AGI script specified in ${MEETME_AGI_BACKGROUND}
>

>            o Default: conf-background.agi (Note: This does not work
>              with non-Zap channels in the same conference)
>

> I can't see anything in the code to explain this; does anyone understand
> why it might be ?

To explain which part? That it doesn't work with non-Zap channels?

For Zap channels, the mixing is automatically done at the driver level
once MeetMe has told the driver which channels to mix.

For a non-Zap channel, a proxy Zap channel (pseudo) is created to
participate in the driver-level mix. The meetme thread on the channel
then enters a loop to copy audio back and forth between the non-Zap
channel and the proxy pseudo-channel.

When an AGI background script is specified, it runs INSTEAD OF the
copying loop mentioned above. Therefore there is nothing to move the
audio to and from the non-Zap channel.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Tony