[Asterisk-Users] asterisk@home isdn

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Fri Dec 2 07:20:13 MST 2005

On Fri, December 2, 2005 14:00, Alejandro Vargas said:
> 2005/11/30, Francesco Peeters <Francesco at fampeeters.com>:
>> Yep, tried APIC, NOAPIC, ACPI=OFF, etc. (capitals only for clarity!) but
>> to no avail! As soon as both share the same IRQ, the zaphfc driver stops
>> passing data to asterisk...
>
> It is supposed to when you are using APIC, you should obtain many
> interrupts and the devices will obtain new interrupts with values
> grater than 16 which is the maxymun in a normal PC without APIC. Chech
> this lspc, you will see:
>
> smbus in irq17
> sound card in irq18
> usb controllers in irq 20, 21 and 23
> 4 ethernet cards, in irqs 16, 18 and 18 (it seems one of them are
> sharing irq with other)
>
> Your problem could be the isdn cards are not apic compatible.

It's most likely the MoBo that is at fault... It *is* one of the earlier
MoBo's with APIC capabilities, and IIRC the damn' thing has shared IRQ
lines for the two bottom PCI slots!  :-o

Many people use older (surplus) hardware for their * server, and it is in
such cases that one can run in to things like above madness.

It's just a general warning that may or may not apply to your situation.
At least you cannot say I didn't warn you !  ;-p

--
Francesco Peeters
----