[Asterisk-Users] RE:how to solve error : cannot find extension context 'from-sip'

Tejas Shah tejas705 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 04:54:14 MST 2005

 hi,

           I am a newbie to asterisk. I am tryining to connect two sip based soft X-Lite phones to an asterisk server. i made following settings in sip.conf:

 [general]

 port=5060
 bindaddr=0.0.0.0
 allow=all
 context=bogon-calls

 [2000]

 type=friend
 username=2000
 secret=tejas
 host=dynamic
 context=from-sip

 [2001]

 type=friend
 username=2001
 secret=tejas
 host=dynamic
 context=from-sip

 and made following configuration in extension.conf :

 exten =>  2000,1,Dial(SIP/2000,20)
 exten =>  2001,1,Dial(SIP/2001,20)

 also i made proper settings in both SIP phones. Now the problem is when i am making call from any of phone at srever i am getting an error : "cannot find extension contex 'from-sip'.

  I analysed result in ethereal also. packets are comming to server. but server is saying : "Proxy authentication required" . N ow i m not getting where is the exact problem.
 can any one help me for this problem. Response to this problem is most welcome.
 my email-id is tejas705 at yahoo.com

 thanks

 tejas

 Yahoo! Personals