[Asterisk-Users] Running asterisk within screen

Marcus Deluigi (intern) i-mardel at wicresoft.com
Thu Dec 1 18:32:35 MST 2005

Hi!

I downloaded asterisk 1.2.0 and compiled it myself.
The default behaviour is that calling 'asterisk' will return the prompt
and calling 'asterisk -v' is returning the CLI.

I want to run asterisk within screen, however '/usr/bin/screen -L
/usr/sbin/asterisk -v' outputs:
[screen is terminating]
and I have no screen session running and I also have no asterisk CLI to
connect to.

I can't explain the behaviour and the screenlog is empty.

Does anybody know, why it is not possible, to run asterisk within
screen?
(or, at least, it's not possible at my computer).

Greetings,
Marcus