[Asterisk-Users] Re: sixtel

Stewart Nelson sn at scgroup.com
Thu Dec 1 17:38:19 MST 2005

> Is there anyone out there who has given this outfit money and actually
> received any service from them?

I am about to give up on sixTel, because of poor customer service.
It's a shame, because they otherwise seem quite competent.

I signed up Sept. 23 at http://www.iax.cc .  Outbound service worked right
away, with one minor issue: calls to some busy numbers resulted in
ring-no-answer.  I called support and it was fixed promptly.

Calls to USA and Canada are completed reliably, have good voice quality,
are reasonably priced, and are accurately billed.  There is also a good
control interface with real-time CDRs, etc.

I then signed up online for a toll-free number for testing. It works well,
too, and is quite reasonable $0.019/min. plus $0.20/mo.

However, my intended use for this service was to port a toll-free
number that I presently have with another carrier.  More than a month
after submitting the resporg form, and after numerous unanswered
inquiries, I received a message on Nov. 21 saying:

> Sorry for the delay. Your ticket request is being processed.
> We have been short staffed the last week or so due to an unexpected
> departure.

It's pretty bad when one missing support person can cause so much
delay.  Worse, that ticket still hasn't been answered, nor have
any follow-up requests.  And, I can't reach them by phone anymore.
The only good news is that the old carrier still has the number, so
I'm not losing calls.

I also have a technical issue that has gone unanswered: overseas calls
don't work from my account.  This is not a major problem (can use
other providers), but it indicates that the lack of response is not
limited to porting problems.

If anyone at sixTel reads this list, and you still want my business,
please answer the tickets, or reply off-list.

Thanks,

Stewart