[Asterisk-Users] Can Asterisk do This?

Goran Donev gorand at dvvti.com
Thu Dec 1 15:36:15 MST 2005

I have a client who is looking for the proposed solution and was wondering
if any asterisk professionals know if this can be done by asterisk.

Calling card platform.

Users calling in through local access numbers, they dial local access
numbers and make calls through the system to make affordable long distance
lines.

The lines would be coming to a PRI gateway probably MediaTrix or asterisks
directly via a PRI card.

They want the calling card platform to identify the users pin through Caller
ID. Either if they call from home or they call phone. If they call from a
3rd party location to give them choice to enter their pin to be authorized
by the system for them to make a outbound calling. These calls would be
registered to their account and would be bill accordingly to the rates given
to them. They want easy administration of this software, I saw A2Billing but
I didn't see a part to identify the Pin through caller id.  They want this
software to be GUI driven and to be easy to administer.

2nd part they want is a VOIP Platform for VOIP ATA's for internet clients.

They want to be able to attach ATA clients with DID numbers to they can make
calls from their homes and receive incoming calls through this system. This
part I know Asterisk can do, but I want to know if this is possible with the
system they are looking to implement to have the complete package.  They
want the system to have a nice GUI like AMP to make the changes.

If anyone knows how this can be done affordably with a small startup pilot
system. Please let me know if this can be done it would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.