[Asterisk-Users] Two Phones - Same extension?

jonc jonc at ftnc.net
Thu Dec 1 15:24:51 MST 2005

Lots of options here. You could turn her DID into a hunt group that
rings both phones. You could write a small webapp that lets her toggle
which phone to use (the web app would edit the extensions.conf file and
then reload the configs in Asterisk)... or the easiest way is to simply
let her take the phone home and plug it into her home network.

If you don't allow public access then simply get a Linksys
firewall/router with VPN access and set that up for her so that it
creates a local VPN between her home and your office. It works fairly
well.

Good Luck!