[Asterisk-Users] CID text stripped over IAX

Jason T. Nelson jtn at jtn.cx
Thu Dec 1 13:06:31 MST 2005

I have two servers connected via IAX2; one is connected to PRIs where I
receive CallerID along with CID text while the other is located over my
network connected to some channel banks providing analog dialtone. Relevant
output of "show channel" on the PRI box for one call is here:

  CDR Variables:
level 1: clid="Joe Q Iglou    " <7005551234>
level 1: src=7005551234
level 1: dst=7006669999

The "show channel" output of the same call on the other side of the IAX2
link:

  CDR Variables:
level 1: clid=7005551234
level 1: src=7005551234
level 1: dst=7006669999

Poof, CID text gone! The iax.conf config of both doesn't attempt to
override CID in any fashion, unless there is some sort of subtle default
to eat the CID text that I am unaware of. I have a basic sort of config
(peer/user pairing) to connect these two servers together. Is this normal
behavior? SIP calls get the CID text passed just fine but once they go
over this IAX2 connection, the text gets chopped off.

--
Jason T. Nelson <jtn at jtn.cx>                     http://www.jtn.cx/~jtn/
GPG key fingerprint = 6272 5482 EDDD D0A3 FED2  262A FABB 599D FF67 6C9E