[Asterisk-Users] Better transfer

Leif Neland leifn at neland.dk
Thu Dec 1 07:50:18 MST 2005

I find the transfer functions a little lacking.
Examples:

I get a call
I do an attended transfer, but the called extension never answers/I get
impatient/I discover I have dialed the wrong extension.
I can not get the call back.
If I hangup, the caller is also hung up. I'd prefer the caller to stay
online and be ringing my phone again.

If I do an attended transfer, and hangup before the 3. part answers, the
caller is disconnected.
I'd prefer the transfer to be turned into a blind transfer, the caller
coming back to me if the called ext is not answering

If I do a blind transfer, and the called ext is not answereing, I'd like the
call to come back to me.

Can this be done in dialplan, or must it be changed in the source?

Leif