[Asterisk-Users] Fwd: asterisk in Taiwan

Keith Caldwell keithcal at ublug.org
Wed Aug 31 21:37:10 MST 2005

On Aug 26, 2005, at 11:47 AM, Lance Grover wrote:

> I now found the issue, in the extensions.conf file I had the variable
> TRUNK=Zap/g2c to check the channel before dialing but by taking off
> the 'c' on the end it fixed this issue that I was having.
>
> Just FYI.

I don't think the c is for check, I think its for confirm.

Also as a side note for troubleshooting I find that connecting to the
asterisk console while making a call with verbose output really
helps.   (asterisk -vvvvvvvr) which sets the verbosity to 7

 From www.voip-info.org on zap channels

If the letter c follows, then "Answer Confirmation" is requested, in
which the call is not considered answered until the called user
presses #.

Are you checking to see if the line is in use?

I use

exten => _91800NXXXXXX,1,ChanIsAvail(Zap/4)
exten => _91800NXXXXXX,2,Dial(zap/4/ww${EXTEN:1})
exten => _91800NXXXXXX,102,congestion

in 1 it checks to see if the channel is in use if it is it jumps to
102 - at 102 you could check another channel instead of giving a busy
signal, but as I only have one pstn line this works for me.

but if you have a group set up in zapata.conf which is what it looks
like from your TRUNK variable you could do something like this...
again from voip-info.org

Dialing a Group

In the Zap Channel Module's configuration file (zapata.conf), you can
define groups of Zap channels that get treated as a single channel as
far as the Dial command is concerned. You specify which of four
methods the Zap channel module is to use to select a non-busy channel
from the channel group by prefixing the group number with one of the
letters g, G, r, or R:

g: select the lowest-numbered non-busy Zap channel (aka. ascending
sequential hunt group).
G: select the highest-numbered non-busy Zap channel (aka. descending
sequential hunt group).
r: use a round-robin search, starting at the next highest channel
than last time (aka. ascending rotary hunt group).
R: use a round-robin search, starting at the next lowest channel than
last time (aka. descending rotary hunt group).

The round-robin searches make the Zap channel module start looking
for an available channel from a different channel number each time.
For each channel group, the Zap channel module keeps track of the
last round-robin start point, and this time starts checking
availability from either the next (lowercase r)) or the previous
((uppercase R)) channel in the group. Which channel it actually finds
available (if any) does not affect the starting point for the next
round-robin search. Calls to the Dial command using ordinary (g or G)
group selections do not affect future round-robin starting points
either.

For example, if you have defined channel group 2 as containing Zap
channels 1, 2, 5 and 8, and the last round-robin search for this
group (group 2) began searching from channel 5, this is the order of
searching that the Zap channel module will use for the four possible
selection methods:

Dial(Zap/g2...): Looks in order 1, 2, 5, 8
Dial(Zap/G2...): Looks in order 8, 5, 2, 1
Dial(Zap/r2...): Looks in order 8, 1, 2, 5
Dial(Zap/R2...): Looks in order 2, 1, 8, 5