[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Queues and Strategies

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Wed Aug 31 20:14:35 MST 2005

I was playing today with the different queueing strategies in
queues.conf when I noticed the following behavior.

I have 4 agents defined in a queue in queues.conf. These agents login
using AgentCallbackLogin. The strategy in the queue is set to
leastrecent. I place four calls into the queue and * sends only one
call to the least recently used agent. If that agent does not pick
up, the call is sent to the next agent. If that agent does not pick
up, the call is sent to the next agent. This repeats for all agents
and then cycles back.

The problem I noticed is that while it's doing this, it's not sending
any of the other calls in the queue to the next agent. I would assume
that * will see that there are 4 agents available. It should send all
4 calls the all the agents and then additional calls would be
_queued_ using the queueing strategy defined.

I tried the same experiment with all the queueing strategies and the
behavior was the same. The only exception was with ringall. The
problem with ringall is that it shows the same caller-ID to all
agents. Once the first agent picks up and the next call rings in all
remaining phones, the caller-ID is now reflecting the caller-ID of
the new call, but that of the old call (may be a bug). Regardless, my
client does not want the ringall strategy.

Is the above mentioned behavior normal? Should I be evaluating
different queueing technologies? Maybe ICD or some other ACD tool
that can do what I need?

Thanks,
Waldo