[Asterisk-Users] Re: equipment configuration help

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 19:43:45 MST 2005

-M, The norstar has no E1 card, i will have to ask the nortel provider
for the cost of it and configuration prices. I might end up paying the
same as the channel bank.
I was also thinking of using a Citel SIP-N-NORSTAR converter but its
priced at around 3k. Too expensive because its only 24 ports and i
have 32 nortel phones.

According to this wiki
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+Nortel
"One problem with this approach is that in a Norstar system, it isn't
easy to forward an extension to an outside line, which means Norstar
phone users will have to remember to do something different when they
want to call a user who has been switched to an IP phone for example."

I guess that can be sorted out.

 Any manuals out there for configuration like
[Telephone Company] ---E1--- [Asterisk with sangoma s102] ---T1
channel bank--- [Norstar]? (only the asterisk-t1-norstar part)

Now another section, networking.
The 3 offices are linked via VPNs like this
Internet---ADSL Router-----Cisco PIX  Firewall---LAN
doin ip tunneling will solve all communication problems internally,
but what about QoS and SIP phones being taken to the public internet?
one office has 5 users, the other 15, the other 50. ADSL Router
recommendiations?
and as for the phones being taken to the outside? what kind of
configuration do i use? IAX is not an option.