[Asterisk-Users] equipment configuration help

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 14:46:40 MST 2005

Hi, Im about to start shopping parts for an * box. We are migrating
from a Meridian Norstar+ Modular ICS

Here are the customer details:
a) Meridian with 8 analog lines card and 32 nortel digital phones and
voicemail. We will interface * to the meridian using the analog ports
so we dont loose the phones.

b)half E1. The * box will get half E1 (with DID) for connecting to the
local telco.
We need two recepcionist/operator phones (sip or whatever)

So in terms of equipment I will need:
Sangoma a101 E1/PCI
an 8 port analog card
a channel bank?

Can someone tell me if i really have to buy an analog card? or maybe
link me to a web site that explains (with images) how a t1/e1 is
managed?

Thanks, and I apologize for this completely newbie question. I've
never seen images or instructions on how to handle this. Im not even
sure im using the right terms in Google.