[Asterisk-Users] detecting extensions in use

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Wed Aug 31 14:39:55 MST 2005

On 17:22, Wed 31 Aug 05, Eric Skippy Hope wrote:
> We're using 1.0.9 and the powers that be are wary of moving beyond
> stable.  If I'm reading the wiki correctly, incominglimit is to limit
> the calls coming _from_ the extension and coming into the server, and
> outgoinglimit is commented out in the source code.  The recomendation is
> to use SetGroup and CheckGroup for this, but they don't work correctly
> when ringing multiple lines.
>
> I'd be happy to loop through all of the possible extensions, check each
> one to see if it has a call, and if not put into a variable to be dialed
> at the end, but how do I tell if an extension is involved in a call?

Hi,

Did you read that page totally?
I think the trick with the local/ construct with /n at the
end can be the solution.
We use this to check every extension against our Groupware's
calendar database to see if a user has a meeting and doesn't
want to take calls.
Dial(Local/13 at internalphones/n&Local/14 at internalphons/n);
That way we can do totally different stuff depending on the
extension in the contect internalphones.
You should be able to do a setgroup/checkgroup on all the
local channels :)

What do you think?
--
Michiel van Baak