[Asterisk-Users] nested dial, or jump to another line to continue dialing.

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Wed Aug 31 14:31:50 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 21:05 +0800, El Flynn wrote:
> Joseph wrote:
> > Is it possible to do nested dial() command on one line,
> > Dial number, wait new seconds, dial another number etc.
> > or dial number and jump to another line to continue dialing.
> >
> > D(ww) doesn't work as it sends DTMF but before the call is bridged, and
> > I need to send numbers after the call is bridged.
> >

> If you do a "show application dial" at the CLI:
>
> <snip>
>        'D([digits])'  -- Send DTMF digit string *after* called party has answered
>               but before the bridge. (w=500ms sec pause)
>
> Hmm.. it does say that DTMF is sent *after* called party has answered. it's been
> working for me since asterisk-1.0-RC2
>
> Flynn

Yes, it dial the DTMF after the phone is answered.  But I'm suing
Sipura-3000
So what happens is, the calls come in, the sipura PSTN line answer the
call and forwards it without delay to asterisk context.  The problem is
that the DTMF is dialed before the call is forwarded / bridged with
asterisk extension.  Doesn't matter what delay I insert.
If the delay is long the message is being played not from the beginning.
so I don't understand why it doesn't work.
I've even try to accomplish this with Macro, it doesn't work.

--
#Joseph