[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk for Voicemail Server

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Wed Aug 31 13:13:03 MST 2005

Capacity as in not enough lines or capacity as in not enough mailboxes?

FXS lines doesn't sound right. How does the current system know which
mailbox to put the call?

A T1/E1 type interface would be more likely. You forward the call to the
* server over the T1 by addressing the mailbox's 4 digit number.

Do you user currently know if they have VM or do they have do dial in
and see?

Mark

Jonathan k. Creasy wrote:
> How does one go about connecting Asterisk to a Meridian PBX to handle
> voicemail?
>
> I have a customer who is out of capacity on their voicemail system
> (which connects to their meridian via several FXS cards) and I would
> like to see if I could use Asterisk to handle their voicemail.
>
> -Jonathan

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com