[Asterisk-Users] Sipura SPA-3000 strange behaviour

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Aug 31 10:58:16 MST 2005

> > >   Few days ago I bought a Sipura SPA-3000 Gateway. Outgoing calls works fine but
incomming calls behave very strange. When I dial my Sipura from outside and cancel befor
picking up, the phone still rings for about one minut. What is wrong - the Sipura Gateway or I
did something wrong with configuration. Does anyone know what I should do with this problem
:).

> > > All the best
> > >
> > > Andrutto
> > >

> > First, use the 3.1.3 firmware, the 3.1.5 firmware has echo problems.
> > Also, I configured mine based on the docs at
> > http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Sipura%203000#comments and
> > I have it ringing though to a sip extension before picking up the pstn.
> >  Works fine.
> >

> I think it would depend on the hardware version as well, isn't it?
> For example I have:
> Software Version:2.0.13(GWg)   Hardware Version:2.0.1(1813)
>
> And according to Sipura web-page they have listed two different firmware
> one for model 2.0 and one for 3.0
> Model               2.0              3.0
> SPA-3000   2.0.13g         3.1.5
>
> Wouldn't the hardware 2.0.1 indicate model 2.0? so the firmware that
> would be required would be 2.0.13g, isn't it?

No, v3.1.3 and v3.1.5 work just fine on v2 hardware. Doing that here.