[Asterisk-Users] VoIP service recommendation

Kris Edwards krisedwards at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 08:28:05 MST 2005

The sea is getting bigger.. (sea of providers.. sea of emails on this topic)
 voip-info.org <http://voip-info.org> has a list of quite a few. I use
broadvoice and have no issues, but if when you say "asterisk friendly" you
mean supports iax, then you'll have to look eslewhere. I have both SIP and
IAX providers and I notice no difference in quality (both are ulaw) or
reliability.. IAX seems a bit more firewall friendly though.
 If you need a local DID and don't live in a large city, that might limit
your providers too.
 (junctionnetworks lets you set your cid and supports iax.. although i
couldn't get it to register, so i'm on sip)
 Kris

 On 8/31/05, Mag Gam <magawake at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am planning to sign up for a VoIP service in the U.S. Can anyone
> recommend anything cheap, reliable and good quality? I want to use it for my
> primary house phone (I also own a cell phone).
>
> I also want the service to be asterisk friendly so I can play with it :-)
>
> Thanks in advance.

Ita erat quando hic adveni