[Asterisk-Users] grandstream handytone 488 fxo

Soner Tari list at kulustur.org
Wed Aug 31 06:09:26 MST 2005

>> I use HT488, and I can make and receive FXO calls. It's actually quite
>> simple, you create a SIP acount in sip.conf. On the FXO section of HT488
>> web admin page you enter these registration values. When you reboot the
>> HT488 you should see it registering on Asterisk CLI.
>>
>> What's left is a dialplan line in extensions.conf like this:
>> exten => 9,1,Dial(SIP/<sip acount name>,10)
>>
> I've tried your example shown here.  When I dial 9 I get dial tone from
> the HT488 but I when I try to dial, nothing happens (i.e. I keep hearing
> dial tone even though I'm dialing).  Any ideas?

That may be related with the dtmfmode. Can you try inband? I believe rfc2833
should work too, but once you have it working with inband, you can test the
rest.

Also I think you'd like to use PCMU codec on HT488, other codecs may cause
DTMF detection problems (iLBC seems fine though).

In short, I would play with DTMF and codec parameters on both sides.
Hope this helps,
Soner