[Asterisk-Users] grandstream handytone 488 fxo

Soner Tari list at kulustur.org
Tue Aug 30 07:11:30 MST 2005

I use HT488, and I can make and receive FXO calls. It's actually quite
simple, you create a SIP acount in sip.conf. On the FXO section of HT488 web
admin page you enter these registration values. When you reboot the HT488
you should see it registering on Asterisk CLI.

What's left is a dialplan line in extensions.conf like this:
exten => 9,1,Dial(SIP/<sip acount name>,10)

That's for making outbound calls.

Once you've done this, you can direct incoming calls to a context like this:
exten => 50,1,Goto(MainMenu,s,1)

You should enter 50 to "Forward to VoIP" box at the bottom of HT488 config
page also. (Choose an extension as you like instead of 50)

But beware, hangup detection method of HT488 was too simple for my needs.
Incoming calls may leave the port open indefinetly. (In combination with the
FXS port of a HT486, it works, but that's it.)

Hope this helps,
Soner