[Asterisk-Users] Activate/Deactivate Hardware echo cancellation on TE406/TE411 when briging

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 18:39:08 MST 2005

If the call is a fax then the board will know that and stop the echo
cancellation, in any case when doing pri to pri calls, by default
(when using software echo can) asterisk will not do any echo can at
all (you can change that in zapata.conf). The on board echo can is not
cinfigurable AFAIK, this is what I got in response to this question
from Digium:

The hardware echo cancellation has no software settings. The echo
settings in zapata.conf are for the software echo cancellation, which
you will not be using while the hardware echo can module is installed.

I hope this helps.