[Asterisk-Users] delay before dial on TDM04B

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Aug 29 14:31:38 MST 2005

> >Don't know, but in most dtmf CO's, a single "w" is more then adequate.
> >Once in a great while a second might be needed.
> >

> Agreed, but it seems, from results by others that it doesn't work all
> the time even in DTMF

Every one that I've helped with inserting the "w" worked just fine
assuming they inserted it in the proper place. Even did some research
with internal Sprint folks to identify the type of CO in use. No
exceptions thus far.

> And of course the problem would seldom even appear if detection of
> dialtone  were present.  See references to REALLY slow dialtone
> posted in the last day or less.

Yes, its my professional opinion that dialtone detection is a
requirement, but probably a low priority in the scheam of things.

> >Are you attaching asterisk to your x-y switch?
> >
> I and quite a few  other collectors are using Asterisk as an interface
> to our "legacy" switches in a private network. We may have lost one
> today in New Orleans though! I have both XY, SXS and electronic SXS
> switches, as well as the option to use an incoming selector if necessary.
>
> > If so, opening a bug is likely to be the only way to resolve the linefinder delay,
> >
> I suppose you are correct, though I have doubts that this will be
> considered very important. It seems there is much more interest in new
> "hot" features, rather than fixing what MOSTLY works.
> There is also a problem with DETECTION of dial pulses  through an FXS
> interface. It is too intolorant of slight variations in dial speed. I'll
> see if someone knows how to let that be known. I sure don't

I'd really suggest opening the bug. It should be relatively easy to
fix given the current dtmf code. (Sure wish I were a proficient programmer.)