[Asterisk-Users] delay before dial on TDM04B

Samy Kamkar samy at fonality.com
Mon Aug 29 11:25:45 MST 2005

Jerry Geis wrote:

>  Samy,
>

> Thanks for the suggestion - however I am confused on the wiki the
> 'w' stands for:
>
> *w*: Allow the /called/ user to start recording after pressing *1 or
> what defined in features.conf (Asterisk > v1.0.x)
>
> This is not a delay of any kind.
>
> Jerry
>

>  [Asterisk-Users] delay before dial on TDM04B
>
> *Samy Kamkar* samy at fonality.com
> <mailto:asterisk-users%40lists.digium.com?Subject=%5BAsterisk-Users%5D%20delay%20before%20dial%20on%20TDM04B&In-Reply-To=43134CDA.4020408%40pagestation.com>
>
> /Mon Aug 29 13:07:05 CDT 2005/

> <http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-August/123436.html>

>      1.1.6
>
> <http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-August/123437.html>

> <http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-August/date.html#123438>
>
>      [ thread ]
>
> <http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-August/thread.html#123438>
>
>      [ subject ]
>
> <http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-August/subject.html#123438>
>
>      [ author ]
>
> <http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-August/author.html#123438>

> Jerry Geis wrote:
>
>> / I am searching for a way to add a 2 second delay before calling out
>
> />/ with Dial().
> />/ Sometimes I get the message "you must first dial a 1 to place this
> call".
> />/ I presume the phone company is missing the first digit pulsed out
> />/ sometimes.
> />/
> />/ How do I put a 2 second delay after coming offhook and before
> dialing />/ the digits?
> />/
> />/ Thanks,
> />/
> />/ jerry
> />/
> />/ _______________________________________________
> />/ --Bandwidth and Colocation sponsored by Easynews.com --
> />/
> />/ Asterisk-Users mailing list
> />/ Asterisk-Users at lists.digium.com
> />/ To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:
> /
> You can prepend a 'w' for a half-second wait which will resolve this
> problem.
>
> e.g., Zap/1/w19007529269

Hi Jerry,

Check out:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+Zap+channels

Note this line on the page:
/phonenumber/, if present, specifies which telephone number you wish to
be connected with. Note that this makes sense only when you are dialing
a telephone line (an FXO or PRI interface), not an internal extension.
Within the phone number, you may use the special modifier *w* to
indicate a half-second pause. You might want to use this to wait for a
dialtone or for a pause while dialing digits. You may also use the
special modifier *c* to allow for clear channel connections between PRI
ports.

w = half-a-second wait

So, Zap/1/wwww13105551212 would be a 2 second wait. However, I've dealt
with a lot of phone providers and none have ever required more than a
single half-a-second wait for them to begin detecting the DTMF tones, so
you should be good with one 'w'.

-samy