[Asterisk-Users] RE: Noise on ZAP channel

canuck15 canuck15 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 29 10:11:31 MST 2005

I have a couple SIP phones on a PIII 1Ghz 256MB * server with a TDM01B
connected to the PSTN.  Calls between SIP phones are clear.  Calls to the
PSTN are quite noisy.  The other person does not hear noise but I hear quite
a bit.  It is not an annoying sound but definitely much noisier than typical
PSTN or even cell phone calls.

I believe I have a TDM400P REV H card.  I definitely don't have any IRQ
issues.  Everything not required is disabled in BIOS.  Zaptel drivers have
been compiled with defaults and with MMX and other enhancements.  Have tried
V1.0.9.1 and current 1.2 beta1 software.  Nothing changes.  Tried telco PSTN
connection and VoIP provider connection via ATA which both sound clear when
connected directly to an analog phone. Nothing changes.  Tried adjusting
RX/TX gain and echo cancellation in zaptel.conf.  Nothing changes.

 Does any one have any ideas?  Could my FXO module be bad?