[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and a Meridian Nortell Release 11

Karl A. Krueger kkrueger at whoi.edu
Mon Aug 29 10:05:19 MST 2005

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 09:54:11AM -0700, Anthony Rodgers wrote:
> We are using * with an Option 11C - we tried all of the various
> protocols and the only one we could get to work satisfactorily was
> 5ESS, with the * as CO and the Nortel as remote. The one drawback of
> this approach is getting name information for caller ID - because the
> Nortel sees the * as CO, it won't send the name information.

This is our experience as well:  National ISDN-2 doesn't work (calls
only go one way) because of limitations on the Meridian unit.  5ESS only
works if the Meridian is CPE and Asterisk is NET.  But you can only send
CID names from Asterisk to Meridian, not vice versa.

According to our phone system consultants (TAC Centre) there isn't any
way to get the Meridian of this age to transmit CID names in this case.

--
Karl A. Krueger <kkrueger at whoi.edu>
Network Security -- Linux/Unix Systems Support -- VoIP -- etc.