[Asterisk-Users] How to use * and # as part of number indialcommand

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Mon Aug 29 06:17:20 MST 2005

Michel

Send me the same output for a dial string that only sends the *31*

Is this an ISDN line? What type of card/signalling/switchtype are you
using?

It looks as if the PSTN switch accepts the *31* and then hangs up so you
can make the NEXT call with the *31* feature enabled. If so I assume the
*31* feature will be enabled for the next call on the ENTIRE SPAN if it
is an ISDN trunk group.

If that is the case try putting two dials in sequence;

Dial(zap/xx/*31*)
Dial(zap/xx/restofnumber)

Check to see if the *31* feature was activated on the line.

I am not sure if the asterisk dialplan will stay sequential execution
after you get the line hung up status.

At any rate, the keypad protocol looks to me like a way to allow end
user equipment to activate and deactivate features that are normally
controlled in the setup, display IE, and facility IE, which are all
elements of the ISDN signalling protocol. I would be very surprised if
the same methods used in the US did not work in the Netherlands in place
of the keypad protocol.

That would be;
SetCallerID(<calleridvalue>|a)
And
SetCallerIDNumber(<caleridvalue>)
And
SetCallerPres (<presentation>) <- this one is in newer code and allows
setting of the presentation flags in the ISDN setup message. Try setting
these plags if you are using any type of isdn signalling and see if they
are accepted (that is the feature is activated for he call).

Here are the values used with SetCallerPres for 'show application
setcallerpres'

[Synopsis]
Set CallerID Presentation

[Description]
  SetCallerPres(presentation): Set Caller*ID presentation on a call.
  Always returns 0.  Valid presentations are:

      allowed_not_screened    : Presentation Allowed, Not Screened
      allowed_passed_screen   : Presentation Allowed, Passed Screen
      allowed_failed_screen   : Presentation Allowed, Failed Screen
      allowed                 : Presentation Allowed, Network Number
      prohib_not_screened     : Presentation Prohibited, Not Screened
      prohib_passed_screen    : Presentation Prohibited, Passed Screen
      prohib_failed_screen    : Presentation Prohibited, Failed Screen
      prohib                  : Presentation Prohibited, Network Number
      unavailable             : Number Unavailable

Have a look at this doc for more info on keypad protocol

http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST/Ecma-156.pd

Damon