[Asterisk-Users] static noise - follow up

Patrick Fortin gestion at royaume.com
Mon Aug 29 06:02:01 MST 2005

Hi

two weeks ago I posted a message concerning static noise on our asterisk system

we have made a bunch of tests and these are the results

We use a TDM card revision I and on the card there is a sticker that says
revision G

If we put one fxo modules there is no noise
if we put two fxo modules there is no noise
if we put three fxo modules on the lines 1-2-3, we have noise on line 1
(Zap/1). line 2 and 3 have no noise
if we put three fxo modules on the lines 2-3-4 we have no noise
if we put 4 fxo modules we have noise on the line 1

if we use an older TDM card, revision E/F, there is no noise problem.

Digium has no explanation for now and have asked for a RMA of one of the cards.

I will keep you informed. If someone else has seen this behaviour, tell me
if there is an explanation.

Patrick