[Asterisk-Users] Register Asterisk with Gatekeeper - oh323

Steve Ducat steveducat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 02:05:48 MST 2005

I have tried everything. to register with this gatekeeper to make and
receive calls

These are the details I received from the voip provider:

protocol   H.323
Gatekeeper Address - AVS at 210.21.118.XXX
Port - 1719
RAS - 53
Q931 - 80
h245 - 1722
RTP - 1722
Username - H323

I have 2 phone number/accounts with this gatekeeper that I need to register to.

ID - HMA0200.10szxn-xxxx
e.164 - 22xx2912

ID - HMA0200.10szxn-xxxx
e.164 - 22xx2913

Here is my oh323.conf:

[general]

listenAddress=0.0.0.0
listenPort=1720
gatekeeper=AVS at 210.21.118.XXX
gatekeeperTTL=600

tcpStart=10000
tcpEnd=20000
udpStart=10000
udpEnd=20000
fastStart=no
h245Tunnelling=no
h245inSetup=no
inBandDTMF=no
jitterMin=20
jitterMax=100
ipTos=none
outboundMax=10
inboundMax=10
simultaneousMax=10
wrapLibTraceLevel=1
libTraceLevel=0
libTraceFile=stdout
userInputMode=TONE
amaFlags=default
accountCode=H323
language=en
context=voip-h323

[register]
alias=ASTERISK

[codecs]
codec=G711A
frames=20

[22xx2912]
type=friend
ip=AVS at 210.21.118.XXX
port=1720
alias=HMA0200.10szxn-xxxx
e164=22xx2912
context=default
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833

[22xx2913]
type=friend
ip=AVS at 210.21.118.XXX
port=1720
alias=HMA0200.10szxn-xxxx
e164=22xx2913
context=default
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833

All I get from Asterisk is the following:

Aug 29 10:00:57 WARNING[9715]: chan_oh323.c:4228 oh323_gk_check:
Failed to register with gatekeeper 'AVS at 210.21.118.XXX'.  -- Retrying
gatekeeper registration.

Am I on the right track or have I missed the point. I do not want
Asterisk to be the gatekeeper, I simply want Asterisk to register with
the gatekeeper so I can receive calls from it and then use this
gatekeeper to make calls to it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve..