[Asterisk-Users] How to use * and # as part of number in dialcommand

Michel Koenen michel.koenen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 00:55:03 MST 2005

Damon Estep wrote:
>I did not see an actual error message in your first post, what is the
>error message?

Damon,

Well, it is not a 'real' error message, asterisk logs it as a
'warning' , but for me it looks like it is linked to the problem. See
my comments in  the logs between [ ].

   -- Executing Dial("Zap/2-1", "Zap/4/*31*040268000") in new stack
    -- Requested transfer capability: 0x10 - 3K1AUDIO
    -- Called 4/*31*040268000
    -- Zap/4-1 is making progress passing it to Zap/2-1
[thus far it looks okay]
    -- Channel 0/1, span 2 got hangup
[hmm, it seems that the channel was hangup, so it failed]
Aug 27 23:32:28 WARNING[17591]: app_dial.c:412 wait_for_answer: Unable
to forward voice
[this warning indicates that asterisk was unable to forward voice, I
think this is because of the *31* in the dial string, because when I
leave the *31* out, the warning is not there and the connection is
made without problems]
    -- Hungup 'Zap/4-1'
  == No one is available to answer at this time
    -- Channel 0/2, span 1 got hangup
    -- Hungup 'Zap/2-1'

Thank you for your time trying to help me out!

Regards,
Michel