[Asterisk-Users] Mplayer as replacement to mgp123 in MP3Player cmd

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Aug 28 17:20:19 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 11:37 +1200, Matt Riddell wrote:
> cmisip wrote:
> > I want to be able to send a dtmf key to asterisk and have mplayer
> > forward or rewind.
>
> pabx*CLI> show application ControlPlayback

mplayer has advantages of more codecs as well, so you arent as limited.
In addition it will play tv (with tuner card), dvds, etc.  So you can
really pick what you want as your audio source.

It would seem to me to be not that difficult with an agi to use mplayer,
although I havent tried.

controlplayback seems to fit if all you want is mp3s however ...

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378