[Asterisk-Users] SER + ASTERISK voicemail

Steve Blair blairs at isc.upenn.edu
Sun Aug 28 15:45:52 MST 2005

You'll want some rules in your sip.conf to handle the connection from
SER. A
starting point might be:

   [<ser ip addr>:<ser port ?= 5060>]
   type=peer
   context=<my sip context name>
   tos=lowdelay                    ; tos delay
   allow=ulaw                     ; dtmfmode=inband only works with ulaw
or alaw!
   dtmfmode=inband                ; Choices are inband, rfc2833, or info

You'll then want some rules in extensions.conf to accept the call and
redirect it
to mailboxes defined in your voicemail.conf or in MySQL. Something like:

   [general]
   context=<my sip context name>
   switch => Realtime/<my sip context name>@extensions
   static=yes

  [<my sip context name>]

  exten => _uXXXXX,1,VoiceMail(${EXTEN}@<my sip context name>)
  exten => _XXXXX,1,VoiceMail(${EXTEN}@<my sip context name>)
  exten => _bXXXXX,1,VoiceMail(${EXTEN}@<my sip context name>))
  exten => #,2,Hangup                     ; Hang them up.

Steve