[Asterisk-Users] Fedora Core 4 x86_64

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sun Aug 28 15:11:35 MST 2005

Once upon a time Friday 26 August 2005 12:30 pm, Brian C. Fertig wrote:
> Take it from someone who owns 25 of them.  Stay away from FC anything.
>
> Use CentOS 4 its better more stable and has true multi-treading as FC
> doesn't thread anything..

What do you mean by FC doesnt thread anything?    i have threaded applications
usint NPTL  with over 1000 threads.  I really dont see how you can say FC is
not stable  i have servers running FC  that have been up over 150 days.  the
main issue i have has is the out of memory killer   going a little wild.  but
i have had the same issue on some of my centos boxes.

I think they are both mostly as stable as the other.  tough CentOS base of
RHEL  gives you a promise that the OS will be supported for a longer period
of time.  This should mean  that you can run a CentOS based server for at
least 5  years  without upgrading the server.

--
Dennis Gilmore  RHCE
<dennis AT ausil DOT us> http://www.ausil.us