[Asterisk-Users] 1.2.0 Beta1

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Sun Aug 28 12:16:36 MST 2005

Guys. I was checking the changes for 1.2.0 beta1 and I read this:

    * Asterisk Realtime Architecture
    * Asterisk Manager Interface
    * Asterisk Extension Language
    * Dialplan functions
    * More powerful dialplan expression parser
    * Portability enhancements for FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Solaris and Mac OS X
    * ... and many more!

Can somebody explain a bit mor ethe part regarding "Dialplan fnuctions" and
the Manager Interface? What are the changes?

Also, maybe it was me but I upgraded on a test server by doing the make and
make install over my cvs old one and when on the CLI I do a show version and
I get this:

server2*CLI> show version
Asterisk  built by root at server2.intruder.com.mx on a i686 running Linux on
2005-08-27 22:54:47 UTC
server2*CLI>

No version showing, is it just me?

Also checked the "show applications" and saw no new ones there.. Did I
messed up upgrading over the old one?