[Asterisk-Users] required packages for asterisk on FC3/FC4

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun Aug 28 11:47:21 MST 2005

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 12:13:43PM -0600, Damon Estep wrote:
> Can anyone shed some light on which of these packages are required and
> what component requires them? I am in the habit of putting them on, but
> in a few cases am not sure if they are still (or were ever) needed.
>

> qt-devel

huh?

> rpm-build
>
> gcc
>
> gcc-c++
>
> redhat-rpm-config
>
> gtk2-devel

Again: anybody actually using the built-in GUIs of asterisk?

> y ncurses-devel
>
> readline-devel
>
> bison
>
> krb5-devel
>
> openssl-devel
>
> cvs

Is it required for the build process itself? I don't think it belongs in
a BuildDepends line.

> patchutils
>
> libidn-devel

This one is a dependency of libcurl-devel (unless you use some buggy
version of some distro and have not bothered installing updates). No
need to install it explicitly.