[Asterisk-Users] T1 DSU's/Split for voice

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Sun Aug 28 10:07:31 MST 2005

> >like

> >>On a point-to-point t you will need hardware to split channels at
both
> >>ends.
> >>
> >>Since you posted to this list I assume that * is used at least on
one
> >>end of the t1. If you use good routers that can prioritize voip
> >>

> >traffic
> >

> >>then all you need is ata's and/or ip phones at the other end. That
> >>

> >gives
> >

> >>you more data bandwidth when the phones are not in use. Segregating
> >>

> >n/24
> >

> >>of your t is not so flexible.
> >>

> >That would be one way to do it, but both the Digium cards and the
> >sangoma cards can be configured to route some of the 24 timeslots on
> >T1 to voice and some to data.
> >

> That means having a pc with one of those cards at each end and knowing
> how to also config it as a router. I get standalone adtran t-1 routers
> for about $650 in qty 1.

No doubt about that, not sure why the Greg wants to do what he is asking
for, personally I would use 2 used Cisco routers with integrated T1 DSUs
and priority queuing for VoIP, assuming VoIP phones at the remote
location. That would be about $600 for qty 2 on ebay!

I just assumed Greg had a need for a T1 TDM interface on both ends.