[Asterisk-Users] 24 line softphone

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun Aug 28 09:23:37 MST 2005

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> Ben Brown wrote:
>
>> I suppose if there was just a way to monitor the 24 conferences on request,
>> then the participation could be accomplished using a regular SIP client.
>
> In CVS HEAD (and soon Asterisk 1.2), app_chanspy will do exactly that.

Chanspy will not let you join a conference, only spy.

I do something similar with this snippet.

[supervisor]
; monitor an agent
         exten = s,1,                    background(please-enter-a-conference)
         exten = _xxxxxx#,1,             meetme(${EXTEN:0:6},ampqs)
         exten = _xxxxxx#,n,             goto(${CONTEXT},s,1)

You enter a conference number and "#," to join with mute on. You can
"*1" to unmute if you want to speak. Press "#" to exit the conference
and you are prompted to enter another conference number.

I've hacked on app_meetme a bit to control who hears enter and leave
sounds and the application exit code as well as let the supervisor
kick all users or admins.

Thanks in advance,