[Asterisk-Users] Will Echo problems EVER be solved, I'm scared

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Aug 28 07:02:51 MST 2005

On Sunday 28 August 2005 10:21, Rich Adamson wrote:
> Might try playing around with the canceler parameters on the fxs channel.
> Since the analog fxs phone is always very close physically, maybe play
> with the echotraining (echocancel=32, and other echo parameters) to
> see what impact those might have. (In theory, using something like
> echotraining=800 on the fxo port and echotraining=200 on the fxs port
> might influence the interaction, if that really is the issue.)

I'd suggest turning off echotraining on the FXS altogether, and perhaps even
killing the echocanceller on FXS entirely.  (you won't be getting significant
echo from the FXS, and the FXO should be handling it anyway) --
echocancelwhenbridged might be an interesting thing to play with as well.

e.g. (assuming port 1-3 are FXO and port 4-7 are FXS)

echocancel=64
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=800
channel => 1-3

echocancelwhenbridged=no
channel => 4-7

type of thing...  I'm just throwing out some ideas here and have not tried it
myself.

-A.