[Asterisk-Users] DIALSTATUS for Originate

saket setu saketsetu at rediffmail.com
Sun Aug 28 03:35:34 MST 2005

Hi all,
I am from India and has been recently using asterisk for testing and enahncing my telephony knowledge. I am trying to use the originate Command from the Asterisk manager on both SIP and ZAP. The command works successfully but does not return any DIALSTATUS such as BUSY,ANSWER,NOANSWER as in case of command DIAL when used from the dial plan. Can some one guide me how to get the vaue of $DIALSTUATUS on originate or is there some other way to trap the status both on SIP and ZAP.

I have also tried to write a dial plan in a manner such that i originate a call to my internal extension and jump to a context in the dial plan and execute the Dial command and trap all the statuses but this also does not work and it straight away bridges my internal extension to the external call without returning any dial status.

Here is the example of what i did:
1. Originate:
Action: Originate
Channel: SIP/201 (Internal extension)
Context: Airtel
Extension: 26191341(External PSTN Number)

2. Dial Plan :
[AIRTEL]
exten => _XX.,1,Dial(SIP/${ETEN},15,t)
exten => _XX.,2,NoOp(${DIALSTATUS})
exten => _XX.,3,Goto(_XX.-${DIALSTATUS},1)
exten => _XX.-Busy,1,Hangup
exten => _XX.-NOANSWER,1,Hangup
exten => _XX.-ANSWER,1,Goto(s,1)
exten => s,1,Queue(Airtel|r|||300)