[Asterisk-Users] Dial Zero to get outside line?

Sat Aug 27 21:40:31 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 15:04 +1000, Michael Felder wrote:
> Hello Craig,
>
> Yes I would like to dial 0 to get an outside line and dial tone, then
> dial the number.
>
> I have Polycom IP600 and IP 500s.
>
> Mike

Just wondering how people who use 0 to access an outside line deal with
the following number types, which seem to overlap somewhat:

091231234  (ie, local number)
0001161291231234 (ie, international number)
000 (ie, emergency access number, but forgot to dial 0 for outside line)
0000 (ie, emergency access number, and did dial 0 for outside line)

Do people just ignore the 3rd option since the user hasn't dialled the
'access' number ??

Any comments/feedback would be welcomed, but for the time being, I've
just used 9 to access an outside line.

Regards,
Adam