[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk ISDN: Problem Setting CallerID as DID Extension Numbers.

Voicomm User voicomm at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 21:23:03 MST 2005

Hello Group,

Current Setup:
- Eicon Quad BRI ISDN Card.
- 4 ISDN BRI (Telco: Telstra) Onramp2 services.
- Mode: Point2Point.
- 100 Indial Number ranges. Full National Number (9 digit format): BAAAAAAXX

where: B (Area code): 2/3/7/8
A (Normal Numbers)
X (99 Indial extensions)
eg: BAAAAAA00
BAAAAAA20 etc
Requirement:
- To be able send Indial numbers as Caller ID when dialing out.

Configration:
capi.conf
---------

[general]
nationalprefix=0
internationalprefix=00
rxgain=0.8
txgain=0.8

[interfaces]
mode=immediate
isdnmode=ptp
msn=BAAAAAA
incomingmsn=*
controller=1
softdtmf=1
accountcode=
context=main-menu
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
;echosquelch=1
;echocancel=yes
;echotail=64
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
devices=2

mode=immediate
isdnmode=ptp
msn=BAAAAAA
incomingmsn=*
controller=2
softdtmf=1
accountcode=
context=main-menu
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
devices=2

mode=immediate
isdnmode=ptp
msn=BAAAAAA
incomingmsn=*
controller=3
softdtmf=1
accountcode=
context=main-menu
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
devices=2

mode=immediate
isdnmode=ptp
msn=BAAAAAA
incomingmsn=*
controller=4
softdtmf=1
accountcode=
context=main-menu
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
devices=2

extensions.conf

[mob-service]
; Calleridnum is of the format 0BAAAAAAXX and TRUNKMSD = 1, TRUNKCAPI = CAPI
exten =>
${PAT-MOB},1,Dial(${TRUNKCAPI}/${CALLERIDNUM:1}:${EXTEN:${TRUNKMSD}},,t)

Problem:
When dialling out the number *always* defaults to the default service
number.
I have contacted the telco and they have confirmed they expect the caller id
in 9
digit format. I tried modifying msn value in capi.conf to include more comma

separated Full National Numbers of users internally. Eg.

msn=BAAAAAA00,BAAAAAA06,BAAAAAA07,BAAAAAA08,BAAAAAA09,BAAAAAA10,BAAAAAA11,BAAAAAA12,BAAAAAA13,BAAAAAA14,BAAAAAA15,BAAAAAA16,BAAAAAA17,BAAAAAA20,BAAAAAA21,BAAAAAA22

This works fine upto BAAAAAA17, but for numbers from extentions 20 onwards I
get
a 'msn not found! check your config error'.

Can anyone please shed somelight on whether this is really possible (to be
able
to send DID numbers as caller ID when dialling out)? I have read some posts
indicating more than 5 msns is not possible, but in my case I have
definetely
got it working with more than 5 msns atleast. No source clearly indicated if
this
is possible, and if yes, how.

Thanks for you time.
-r