Fw: [Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Softphone Quality & Network Cards

Bill McCready (PCPhoneline.com) bmccready at pcphoneline.com
Fri Aug 26 20:23:57 MST 2005

> Hi!
>
>> We are in the process of an Asterisk call center deployment using IAX2
>> G711 ulaw softphones.   Outbound sound quality is terrible.

RESPONSE:  This is Bill McCready from PCPhoneline.com .  To address your
sound quality issues, you may want to check out our VTA1000 Skype+SIP+IAX2
Tri-Mode Gateway which plugs into the USB port of a Windows computer.   You
can use it with any good cordless or regular phone.   This is our very
latest version of the VTA1000 and it supports Skype + 10 x SIP + 10 x IAX2
networks concurrently all at the same time - no joke !!!

It makes use of the GSM codec for IAX2 which is a lot less bandwidth hungry
than G.711 and it also has built in adjustable volume controls so you can
fine tune the conversation volume to match your network levels.   You can
disable the Skype and SIP network calling possibilities if you just want to
use IAX2.    For clarification, the VTA1000 works completely independently
from your computer's speakers and is designed to work even if your computer
screen is powered off.

You can see this new version of the VTA1000 gateway on Ebay here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5235490849  .
Alternatively, we have a complete 2.4 Ghz Skype+SIP+IAX2 Cordless Phone
package here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5235489796
which of course means you don't need to be anywhere near your computer to
place and receive calls.

If you have any questions, please private e-mail me.   Thanks !!!

Best regards,

Bill McCready
PCPhoneline.com