[Asterisk-Users] iaxcomm huge latency

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Fri Aug 26 16:57:36 MST 2005

Michael Van Donselaar <michael-list at vandonselaar.org> writes:

> There have been some changes to the jitterbuffer code in the
> iaxclient library since those iaxcomm binaries were posted.

I have not been able, as of lately, to receive calls from my friend,
using iaxcomm-1.0-rc3 on windows to my asterisk box. I grab CVS every
time I spot something interesting on the commit list.

I am using the asterisk CLI.

When I pick up the call, I can barely hear the remote party in between
the crackling and extraterrestrial noises. The other party hears some
pretty funky sounds and is not able to hear me at all, or so he
claims.

I've always had a 600ms delay between my asterisk box and the person
using iaxcomm (ping is 40ms) as stated with measurements on the
iaxclient mailinglist.

This occurs only with recent CVS, maybe a month or more back in time.

Any plans to make a new release of iaxcomm or any other things I can
try. It would also be nice if others who experience this, screams out.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m