[Asterisk-Users] Dial command nor progressing on Zap channels

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Fri Aug 26 14:40:39 MST 2005

Eric Bishop wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Our Asterisk box sends calls outbound via either SIP (through our VoIP
> provider) or an E1 PRI (directly connected via a TE410P). When we dial
> a number that is engaged via our VoIP provider we get the following on
> the Asterisk console (numbers and IP addresses changed to protect the
> innocent):
>
>  -- Called 12345678 at sip-outbound
>   -- Got SIP response 486 "Busy here" back from 123.123.123.123
>   -- SIP/sip-outbound-af71 is busy
>  == Everyone is busy/congested at this time
>
> This is what we want as it then send the call to priority n+101 and we
> can handle it any way we want from there. However if the outbound call
> is made via the PRI (Zap channel) to an enaged number it simply plays an enaged
> signal to the caller and never progresses past the Dial priority. I
> know for a fact the call is not actually being answered, because I get
> the following onthe console.

; PRI Out of band indications.
; Enable this to report Busy and Congestion on a PRI using out-of-band
; notification. Inband indication, as used by Asterisk doesn't seem to work
; with all telcos.
;
; outofband:      Signal Busy/Congestion out of band with RELEASE/DISCONNECT
; inband:         Signal Busy/Congestion using in-band tones

priindication = outofband