[Asterisk-Users] Will Echo problems EVER be solved, I'm scared

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Aug 26 13:38:12 MST 2005

Bottom line... ztmonitor can be used to 'assist' in setting some starting
values, but the further your asterisk box is from the central office, the
more likely the gain values will have to be adjusted lower then what you
want, and may very well appear off-scale with ztmonitor.

Given the curent code and issues, using your ears instead of ztmonitor
will lead to better results, period. (Before lots of people jump on this
and say it does work, please reread the "further you are from the CO"
words again. Yes, ztmonitor can be used with low-loss pstn loops; no, it
will not provide anything close to an optimal circuit for higher-loss
loops.)