[Asterisk-Users] Ztmonitor values when zap channel is onhook

VaibhaV Sharma vsharma at ishisystems.com
Fri Aug 26 11:24:20 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-26 at 12:37 -0500, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
> VaibhaV Sharma wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have 2 TDM400p cards with 8 FXO modules and 6 pots lines connected to
> > them (last 2 channels are unused but configured in zaptel). Even when
> > the lines are onhook, the Tx values settle down to 0 but the Rx values
> > still jump up and down. For some lines the values vary around 440, for
> > others around 250 and for one of the unused FXO ports, its around 97 all
> > the time.
> >
> > With txgain/rxgain set to 0.0, call volumes were considerably low.
> > Hence, I have txgain set to 1.0 and rxgain set to 6.0.
>
> why not txgain=-6 to start out with?

With txgain set to 0.0, people on the other end complained about low
volume from our side hence I started out with a positive value.

Are the ztmonitor Rx: values of around 90 - 400 normal even when the zap
channel is Onhook or do I have some problem on the pots lines that I
should fix?

Thanks,

--
VaibhaV