[Asterisk-Users] ignorepat not working - what might I have done?

Mason Loring Bliss mason at blisses.org
Fri Aug 26 11:18:23 MST 2005

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 12:31:29PM -0500, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:

> ignorepat does not work for SIP since the dialtone is coming from the
> SIP device, not from Asterisk.
>
> You would need to set the phone up to continue dialtone after dialing 9.
>  Not all phones support that.

Hm. In this case, I suspect that the dial tone isn't coming from the
phone... I have two possible places to route calls starting with "9",
and only one of them is a SIP device... In fact, I just commented out
the pattern that leads to the SIP device, so the only thing left is
a transfer into a voice menu, and I still get no dial tone after the
leading 9...

Continuing thanks in advance for more ideas... :)

--
 Mason Loring Bliss         mason at blisses.org        http://blisses.org/
"I am a brother of jackals, and a companion of ostriches."  (Job 30 : 29)