[Asterisk-Users] Ztmonitor values when zap channel is onhook

VaibhaV Sharma vsharma at ishisystems.com
Fri Aug 26 10:26:50 MST 2005

Hello,
In my quest to figure out the source of the random echo on our shiny new
asterisk install, I have been using ztmonitor on the TDM400p channels
for the good part of today.

I have 2 TDM400p cards with 8 FXO modules and 6 pots lines connected to
them (last 2 channels are unused but configured in zaptel). Even when
the lines are onhook, the Tx values settle down to 0 but the Rx values
still jump up and down. For some lines the values vary around 440, for
others around 250 and for one of the unused FXO ports, its around 97 all
the time.

With txgain/rxgain set to 0.0, call volumes were considerably low.
Hence, I have txgain set to 1.0 and rxgain set to 6.0.

I was wondering if the ztmonitor Rx: values were normal for what they
show, or are they too supposed to settle down to 0. If this is not
normal, does this indicate any problems with the pots lines?

--
VaibhaV