[Asterisk-Users] Will Echo problems EVER be solved, I'm scared

Soner Tari list at kulustur.org
Fri Aug 26 07:15:29 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm not the OP, but I had a similar problem, in my case fxotune ran
successfully for just one out of 3x FXO modules, but the coefficients were
all 0's. My kernel is  2.6.11 on CentOS 4.1.

So I'm curious if 2.6 kernel (instead of 2.4) has any input in this whole
echo issue, not just fxotune.

Yesterday I switched to KB1 echo canceller, it is by far the best. But today
I had a similar experience to Eric Rees's Strange Echo post. After
transfering to another internal line, echo starts. My theory is that after
transfer some characteristics of the internal connection change, especially
the Tx voice (the person talking on our side changes). So if the echo
canceller is too committed to the voice of the first person answering the
line (the operator), that would be quite expected. I don't know how KB1 or
other echo cancellers work, but if I'm right, it would be better if echo
canceller readjusted itself after transfer. Sorry if that's plain wrong. Can
somebody comment please?

I'm really interested in all posts in this thread and others or documents on
echo.

Btw, thanks Eric Wieling for the Cisco link.
Soner