[Asterisk-Users] IAX2 Softphone Quality & Network Cards

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Fri Aug 26 06:09:57 MST 2005

We are in the process of an Asterisk call center deployment using IAX2
G711 ulaw softphones.   Outbound sound quality is terrible.

This week we rebuilt the entire LAN with Cisco 2950-EI switches and have
employed QoS on the switches and router.  Still sounds terrible.

What we are now finding is that the network card in the PC may be the
key to the problem.  A Dell Optiplex P4 2.4GHz 512MB machine with an
onboard Intel NIC is bad, while an older Dell Dimension P3 864MHz 128MB
machine with onboard 3COM sounds good.

Has anyone out there had a similar experience?

Thanks,
Adam

The contents of this email message and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for addressee. The information may also be legally privileged. This transmission is sent in trust, for the sole purpose of delivery to the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply email and delete this message and its attachments, if any.